Vintage brass magazine rack, decorated with a Neoclassical theme,1940`s ca, by `Peerage Brass`of England.This item has been gently cleaned while respecting the vintage patina and is ready to use. This magazine rack with applied Neoclassical decoration is kept modern with its minimal form. It would make a fun & practical addition to a range of interiors such as Art Deco, Traditional, Mid-century, Industrial or Contemporary. Structurally one sheet of reinforced copper is bent into 3 sides. The ends are left open to keep the design `light` & modern. The arched handle and scrolling feet made of brass are complementary modernist details. At the centre of one side of the rack there is an applied solid polished brass Neoclassical decoration consisting of a symmetrical rope, ball & tassels theme. There is an elegant contrast between the gold tone of the brass decoration and the copper tone of the side sheet. The other side of the rack is in plain polished copper. Inside this rack is lacquered white, the copper toned sheet from each external side folds inwards creating an internal trim. The base is also lacquered white. There is an arching tubular handle in solid polished brass which secures to the base. Screwed to the bottom are two bands of solid brass on copper, which make up the 4 scrolled feet. This vintage magazine rack is in very good condition with a gently warm aged patina adding character, such as some rubbing to the metal and minor marks & tiny dents in line with age & wear. Packing is offered free of charge. We take special professional care in packing. For safe transport this piece would be bubble wrapped & put into a box with loose packing fill ideal for posting.Peerage Brass of England History`Peerage` was the trade name for the earlier company`Pearson Page` of Birmingham which is known to have operated pre-1900`s. The company produced original copper & brassware with the height of production between 1910-1940s. Their aim was quality period reproductions which were occasionally marked. Peerage Brass became the brand name after World War II until this trademark lapsed in 1991.